The vast majority of courses go without a hitch, but please read and understand the Terms And Conditions below prior to booking, so we both know where we stand and how the course works.
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below. By booking a course of driving lessons with 2nd2None Driving School Ltd you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
•‘you’ means the person named on the booking form as the pupil
•‘we’ ‘us’ means The self employed instructor
•‘the driving school’ ‘2nd2None Driving School Ltd’ means the driving school administering the provision of the driving course, booking the tests and allocating you to a self-employed subcontractor who is a registered DVSA driving instructor.
•‘the instructor’ means a driving instructor acting on his/her own or on behalf of a driving school when providing the course Terms & Conditions.
1. Each course is for the total amount of hours booked. The total hours of the course booked includes the time required for taking your practical test and drive home at the end of the course. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate (this can be agreed between you the pupil and your instructor, normally £25). Also please note: courses are not guaranteed to be completed over one week, larger courses 30 hours or more may be completed over two weeks, subject to instructor availability.
2. All pupils must pass the legally required eye sight test (20.5m or 67 ft). This will normally be conducted by your driving instructor on the first lesson, should you fail the eyesight check the course would have to be abandoned until you have corrected your eyesight. Any agreed hours booked in with the instructor would be lost.
3. If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case you will lose your test fee and will not be offered a refund of any unused hours or any deposit or test fees unless arranged directly with your instructor. The driving school will not be liable for the refund.
4. The prices quoted on the course guide include any tests you need, which we book and organise for you. The cost of your theory test retest is £35. The cost of your practical test retest is usually £70 on a weekday, however tests offered at weekends, or outside of normal working hours is £110. Extended driving tests are £62 extra on top of the standard above fee's, and we should be notified on booking if you require an extended driving test, so we can send you the correct invoice for deposit payment. Once these tests are booked for they are non-refundable.
5. Deposit Refunds: Intensive course deposits are non refundable.
6. Once the course hours have been organised into the driving instructor's diary, If a pupil then cancels a driving day and it is less than 1 full clear week from the lesson due date, then those lessons will be forfeited and time lost. We cannot rearrange a course once you have agreed the times with the driving instructor at short notice.
7. If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancels or fails to show, then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at his / her standard hourly rate.
8. When taking a crash driving course it is not normally possible to drive continuously, therefore, short breaks can be arranged between you and your instructor at both parties discretion, whenever either of you feel that rest is required.
9. The total time you book with us includes break times and time to hire the car for the practical test and drive you home / back to your agreed meeting point at the end of the test.
10. 2nd2None Driving School Ltd act solely as a booking and administrative agent for driving instructors registered with us, who teach intensive, semi-intensive driving courses and weekly driving lessons in the UK. This means that we do not provide any driving courses ourselves and we undertake all our activities on behalf of the individual driving instructors. We are paid on commission off the instructor for successful bookings.
11. A 'successful booking' is when we allocate an ADI and the customer and pupil agree to begin the driving course.
12. All courses are booked and based on average learning capabilities from past client experience and are a rough guide only. No guarantees can be implied by any advisor or instructor. You should be prepared for extra tuition if it is felt that it is required before you are allowed to safely attend the driving test.
13. A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test and we have been informed of the theory pass number.
14. Practical test availability is subject to tests made available by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). We will check test availability and confirm test date and time when booking your intensive course with us before taking your deposit.
15. The contract of the Crash Course / Intensive Course is between the pupil and the driving instructor. Any disputes or claims should, therefore, be taken up with the instructor firstly and not 2nd2None Driving School Ltd), We cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from a pupil, nor can it be held responsible for any traffic violation on the part of the pupil or the instructor. 2nd2None Driving School Ltd acts as a booking agent and is paid on commission off the instructor for successful bookings.
16. The deposit (initial part payment) for your the course is payable on booking a course to 2nd2None Driving School Ltd, which allows us to book your tests in advance, be paid for searching for your quick driving test and reserve an instructor. The deposit is not the full balance.
17. The remaining balance of any course is payable directly to the instructor who is teaching you or our instructors holding account on behalf of the allocated instructor. The payment will be due at least one working week before the course is due to start to ensure that the pupil is intending to go ahead with the course and will not let the instructor down at the last minute. Failure to be able to pay for the course remaining balance before the first lesson or when requested will result in immediate course cancellation, you will lose the deposit paid. Should you pay the remaining balance to 2nd2None Driving School Ltd, then we would only be acting as an intermediary and would transfer the money to the allocated instructor you are paying for the driving course.
18. In the unlikely event of the instructor's vehicle breaking down during the course, a refund of the outstanding lesson time and outstanding test fees will be made if an alternative instructor cannot be arranged. Lessons taken will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
19. 2nd2None Driving School Ltd and your driving instructor cannot be held liable for any losses resulting in course cancellation or test cancellation due to any of the following reasons - driving course or driving test cancellation due to bad weather, for example snow or ice, examiner illness, examiner strike, instructor illness, vehicle breakdown & sudden product recall on vehicles. Where possible your instructor will arrange another date to finish the course off in the event of any of the above scenarios.
1. The free re-test is only available with certain courses (36 - 42 hour courses only) Not all courses come with a 2nd attempt at the driving test.
2. The free re-test is offered to the pupil if after completing the set amount of hours they do not pass the driving test first time.
3. You must have completed all of the hours booked on your course to qualify for the free re-test.
4. 2nd2None Driving School Ltd is responsible for paying and booking for your 2nd attempt at the driving test.
5. This offer is on condition that you re-take the test with one of our allocated instructors using their car and you pay for the instructors time.
6. This free retest refers to the DVSA test fee only and does not cover additional hours of training that may be required with your instructor.
1. All courses are undertaken with a DVSA registered self-employed instructor is on an individual basis.
2. We do not offer shared courses e.g. 2 pupils in the car.
3. No guarantee can be made of test availability, if you have not passed your theory test. In the event that you had not passed your theory upon booking your driving course and a test cannot be booked for the end of the course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to the pupil and instructor. No refunds of any monies are applicable in this case. Also, if the DVSA cancels a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible/liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost, you may need to purchase additional lessons to retake the test. You may be able to claim reimbursement of some lesson time off the DVSA in certain circumstances.
4. Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupil’s standard of driving falls below the expected standard, then for the health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No refund of the deposit will be made. Refund for any remaining hours is at the discretion of your instructor.
5. All our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency.
6. The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor at any time. 2nd2None Driving School Ltd cannot be held responsible for any insurance related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
7. All special offers and course/lesson prices are subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the company.
8. If a gift voucher is supplied by 2nd2None Driving School Ltd, then the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 12 months from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are to be used by the person, or persons named on the voucher and are non-transferable.
9. If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 1 month if you have to reschedule some of the hours, at the instructor's discretion. After this time, the lessons and test fees will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
10. When a pupil is successful and passes their practical driving test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the instructor. The calculation of any refund will be based on the hours utilised being charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
1. You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements; you can read a number plate from a distance of 20.5m or 67ft.
2. You satisfy the DSVA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
3. You fill out the booking form correctly so that we can carry out our administration duties.
4. You make us aware before booking of any health issues either mental or physical which may affect your ability to perform as expected on an intensive driving course.
5. You agree the full course hours and make a note of the hours that have been agreed with us and your driving instructor (minus the final few hours if we need to save some for a driving test to be arranged) on the initial phone call with the our customer service team. If these are not satisfactory please let us know at this point so that we can arrange an alternative instructor or discuss alternatives. If we are notified at the office, once the course has begun that you cannot do certain times and dates, or the instructor cannot complete the course with you in a certain time scale, then we are powerless to try to move the course to another local instructor. .
6. You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving school/instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson. The instructor will wait for a short period of time for a pupil at the agreed meeting point, if you are not in the car at the meeting time, and haven't made contact with your instructor, we will assume the lesson has been terminated with you and move on to another lesson. The instructor is under no obligation to add this time on at the end of the course and the time will be forfeited.
7. You attend the theory test and practical test on time and take both parts of a valid provisional driving license with you when you attend. Theory test booking conformations will be sent via email to the email address you provide for us on your booking form. Failure to attend will result in loss of the test fee and you will have to pay for the next one.
8. You email us, call us or text us with your theory pass number as soon as you pass it so that we can book a practical test on the same day and begin the process of finding you a driving test cancellation.
9. You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during your course. If we, or a representative of intensive driving courses UK, suspect or detect any sign of this, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid, both the deposit and any lesson fees paid to your instructor.
10. A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be forfeited in such an event.
11. You supply on the first lesson a signed provisional driving licence. If you fail to produce a valid provisional driving licence, the driving school/instructor cannot by law permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be cancelled and any fees forfeited.
12. The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
1. 2nd2None Driving School Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully – in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
2. Any personal information which we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law, and will not be sold or passed on to a third party. Questions about the terms & conditions: If you have any questions about the terms and conditions outlined in this document please contact us before booking. Please read the following in italic if you are taking a theory test during your driving course. Additional terms and conditions from the DVSA website for your theory test bookings (if required). You must bring the following with you to your test: your valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) photocard licence – the photocard must be presentedor, your old style valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) paper driving licence and valid passport; (holders of non-UK passports should check that they are eligible to take a driving test here)It is a legal requirement to produce your licence and photographic evidence. If you do not bring these items with you, or you are late for your test, you will not be allowed to sit your test and you will lose your fee. Reschedule Policy If you need to reschedule your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to reschedule a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday. Cancellation Policy If you need to cancel your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to cancel a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday. General Rules Please turn up at the test centre 15 minutes before your appointment is due so that you can check in. All test centres are audio and visually monitored for quality and security purposes. Personal Items are NOT allowed into a testing room and must be placed in a locker. Personal items include, but are not limited to: mobile phones, ear pieces/ear phones, laptops/hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) and other electronic devices, pagers, handbags, purses, wallets, hats, bags, coats, books, revision notes, dictionaries, note paper, pens, watches, food and drink. If you are found with any of the above-prohibited items in the testing room, your test will be stopped, you will be asked to leave the premises and will lose your test fee. Issues / Refunds / Complaints policy We take any complaint against the service seriously as we aim to provide excellent service throughout. If you feel we have let you down or you feel the need to cancel the course please click the link below to request a refund or lodge a complaint. We have to investigate all matters so please provide as much information as possible. We aim to investigate all matters as quickly as possible so will respond within 7 days, simple matters should be resolved within 48/72 hours.
Registered in England:Company number 10495418
Vat Number 264 2107 29
By making payment to 2nd2None Driving School or one of its driving instructors you agree by the terms and conditions set out here on this page.
Terms & Conditions last updated 2nd January 2018