HGV Courses

A C1 driving licence will allow you to drive Ambulances, Horseboxes, Motorhomes, Tow Trucks, Commercial Vans and small lorries between 3500kg and up to 7500kg. If you wanted to a vehicle up to 7500kg + a trailer over 750kg then you will need your C1+E licence.

To drive even heavier vehicles then you will need a Category C or C+E licence

Order your D2 & D4 forms here

Each of the following C1 Courses require £299 deposit upon booking

Default image

C1 Training Course 15 hours - £999

This course includes the following:

  • FREE Medical
  • Access to our online Theory Training
  • Driver Theory 
  • Driver Hazard Perception
  • 12 hours of Driver Training
  • Driver CPC 3a Test
  • Driver CPC 3b Test

Suitable for someone with previous van driving and reversing experience

Default image

C1 Training Course 20 Hours - £1250

This course includes everything that the 15-hour course does, but you get one extra day to perfect your reversing and driving skills.


This course is suitable for someone who hasn't reversed or driven a large van previously.

Default image

C1 Training Course 10 Hours - £775

This is the bare bones course, with 10 hours of driving and reversing practice over 2 days.

  • Driver CPC 3a Test
  • Driver CPC 3b Test

Everything else required you have already done, or you can book it yourself.

Suitable for experienced drivers with large van driving experience

Hours and courses can be adapted to your needs, if the above courses are not suitable then please get in touch with your requirements and we will be happy to help you.

For Case Studies and Driver CPC 4, Please add an additional £275 to the above course prices

7.5t C1 HGV Driver Training

Improve your employment prospects by learning to drive vehicle between 3500kg and up to 7500kg

Perfect for local delivery jobs or single vehicle recovery vehicles.

HGV Courses

C1 Paramedic Driver Training

The NHS Ambulance services use C1 vehicles

An LGV C1 Licence is a requirement before you start your Paramedic, Technician (EMT), ECA or ACA Training Course.


Larger Horse Box Driver Training

If you plan to drive a larger horsebox and the weight of the vehicle is between 3.5-tonne and 7.5 tonne then you will need to apply for a C1 licence and take a DVSA test.

If you wanted to tow a trailer or your horsebox is heavier than 7.5 tonnes. There are two additional licences to consider. First, the Category C1+E would enable you to tow a trailer with a horsebox between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes. If your horsebox is heavier than 7.5 tonnes, you would need the Category C licence.


Other Catagories Available C1+E / C / C+E

A C1+E licence will allow you to drive vehicles between 3,500kg - 7,500kg with a trailer over 750kg

Advantages of this licence means you can drive any vehicle up to 7.5 tonnes and tow horse boxes, caravans, boats or motorbikes. Another common reason for taking the C1+E test is it is a common requiremnet for those people seeking employment in the breakdown and recovery sector.